Certain scientific questions are of special interest to discussions about science and religion, such as: How old is the cosmos? How old is the earth? When did life originate on earth and how do we know? Scientific answers to such questions offer unique perspectives on our lives and the context in which they take place.
The links below give access to articles selected from our Evolution section. The articles are meant to provide reliable, concise, scientific answers to questions of interest, and to be quick reference points for further learning and discussion.
- How old is the Earth?
- How old is life on Earth?
- What is Paleontology? The Fossil Record and Evolution
- The Age of the Universe — Measuring Cosmic Time
Selected off-site Resources
The articles below address some of the common misunderstandings about the science of evolution.
- Taxonomy, Transitional Forms, and the Fossil Record by Keith B. Miller, Department of Geology, Kansas State University
- "The Precambrian to Cambrian Fossil Record and Transitional Forms" by Keith B. Miller, Department of Geology, Kansas State University