You are here
Print Edition Contents: 30 (1–2)
News from California, Florida, Louisiana,
Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio,Washington, the nation,
and abroad — Australia, Italy, and the UK.
- News from the Membership
What our members are doing to support evolution
and oppose pseudoscience wherever the need arises.
- Celebrating the Origin Sesquicentennial
How NCSE members marked the 150th.
- Responding to Ray: How NCSE Dealt With the
Creationist Giveaway of Origin
NCSE responded with dontdissdarwin.com and
guidance for student groups.
- True Darwin, but False Comfort
Eugenie C Scott
NCSE's executive director's original comments
in the US News & World Report blog.
- There You Go Again!
Eugenie C Scott
NCSE's executive director responds to Comfort.
- Stealing Down the Road to Perdition
Some of the material in Comfort's introduction
seemed awfully familiar to this author.
- People & Places: Grand Old Man of Fundamentalism
William Bell Riley shaped and influenced antievolutionary
action (and legislation) for decades.
- Bountiful Books
Here is a selection of books for an overview
of evolution and related issues.
- Meet the Mammals!
These books focus on the evolution and diversity of
those warm and fuzzy critters — mammals.
- NCSE On the Road
Check the calendar here for NCSE speakers.
- Owen's Ape and Darwin's Bulldog by Christopher
Reviewed by Ron Amundson
- Evolution: A Historical Perspective
by Bryson Brown.
Reviewed by Tim Berra
- The Young Charles Darwin by Keith Thomson
Reviewed by Léo F LaPorte
- Banquet at Delmonico's: Great Minds, the Gilded
Age, and the Triumph of Evolution in America
by Barry Werth.
Reviewed by Jeffrey P Moran
- The Tragic Sense of Life: Ernst Haeckel and the Struggle
Over Evolutionary Thought by Robert J Richards
Reviewed by Lennart Olsson
- Stephen Jay Gould: Reflections on His View of Life
edited by Warren D Allmon, Patricia H Kelley, and Robert M Ross
Reviewed by Kevin Padian
- Monkey Trials and Gorilla Sermons: Evolution and
Christianity from Darwin to Intelligent Design
by Peter J Bowler.
Reviewed by George E Webb
- Evolution: A Little History of a Great Idea
by Gerard Cheshire.
Reviewed by Mark Terry
- Charles Darwin:The Concise History of an Extraordinary Man
by Tim M Berra.
Reviewed by Charles F Urbanowicz
- Every Living Thing: Man's Obsessive Question to Catalog Life,
From Nanobacteria to New Monkeys by Rob Dunn
Reviewed by Mark Isaak
- In the Light of Evolution, Vol 1: Adaptation and Complex
Design edited by John C Avise and Francisco J Ayala
Reviewed by Armin P Moczek
- Creatures of Accident: The Rise of the Animal Kingdom
by Wallace Arthur.
Reviewed by Christopher Nedin
- The Timetree of Life edited by S Blair Hedges and Sudhir Kumar
Reviewed by Kevin Padian
- Natural Selections: Selfish Altruists, Honest Liars, and
Other Realities of Evolution by David P Barash
Reviewed by J Michael Plavcan
- Darwin's Legacy: Scenarios in Human Evolution by Sue Taylor
Parker and Karin Enstam Jaffe.
Reviewed by John H Relethford
- But Is It Science? The Philosophical Question in the Creation/
Evolution Controversy edited by Robert T Pennock and
Reviewed by David B Resnick
- Evolution: The First Four Billion Years edited by Michael Ruse
and Joseph Travis.
Reviewed by Stanley A Rice
- Intelligent Design: William A Dembski & Michael Ruse in Dialogue
edited by Robert B Stewart.
Reviewed by Evan B Hazard
- The Evolution Controversy: A Survey of Competing Theories by
Thomas B Fowler and Daniel Kuebler.
Reviewed by Jim Hoffman
- The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the
Origins Debate by John H Walton.
Reviewed by James F McGrath
- For the Rock Record: Geologists on Intelligent Design
edited by Jill Schneiderman and Warren D Allmon
Reviewed by Mark A Wilson
- Scientists Confront Intelligent Design and Creationism edited by
Andrew J Petto and Laurie R Godfrey.
Reviewed by Joel Cracraft
- Nature's Witness: How Evolution Can Inspire Faith
by Daniel M Harrell.
Reviewed by Robert Cornwall
- Darwin and God by Nick Spencer.
Reviewed by John F Haught
- Galileo Goes to Jail and Other Myths About Science and Religion
edited by Ronald L Numbers.
Reviewed by Richard G Olson
- Superstition: Belief in the Age of Science
by Robert Park.
Reviewed by Adrian L Melott
- The Religion and Science Debate:Why Does It Continue? edited
by Harold W Attridge.
Reviewed by David A Rintoul
- Evolution and the Big Questions: Sex, Race, Religion, and Other
Matters by David N Stamos.
Reviewed by David Livingstone Smith
- Evolution and Religion: A Dialogue by Michael Ruse
Reviewed by David N Stamos