You are here
7) Climate change will have consequences for the Earth system and human lives.
6) Human activities are impacting the climate system.
The sixth principle is based on the overwhelm
5) Our understanding of the climate system is improved through observations, theoretical studies, and modeling.
The fifth principle provides the context for answering the
4) Climate varies over space and time through both natural and human processes.
3) Life on Earth depends on, is shaped by, and affects climate.
The third principle discusses where biology and climate meet.
2) Climate is regulated by complex interactions among components of the Earth system.
1) The Sun is the primary source of energy for Earth’s climate system.
The difference between weather and climate is a matter of time.
Understanding how human activities are causing climate and other global changes requires a basic understanding of climate, how it differs from weather, and at least a little about how climate and related science is conducted.
To convey key climate change concepts effectively, it is vital to be aware of fundamental misconceptions about climate, which are widespread.