You are here
Information Collected. The types of donor information collected and maintained are:
- contact information: name, affiliation (if any), address, phone number, email address;
- payment information: last 4 digits of credit card number and expiration date, and billing information;
- shipping information: name, complete address;
- information concerning how the donor heard about NCSE;
- information the donor wishes to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- donor requests for periodic updates: e.g., we maintain information on donors’ requests to receive NCSE newsletters or periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals.
Sharing of Personal Information. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of NCSE and only to further the activities and purposes of NCSE with the following three exceptions:
- NCSE periodically acknowledges donors by name and by broad range of donation amount (e.g., between $100 and $1000; over $1000) in our newsletter.
- NCSE sometimes identifies donors by name, describing them as members of NCSE, in articles on our website and in our newsletter that concern those donors.
- NCSE sometimes rents or exchanges the names and addresses of donors with like-minded non-profit organizations. We never rent or exchange telephone numbers or e-mail addresses.
We will honor individual requests not to use donor information in any and all of these ways.
Removing a Donor Name from the NCSE Mailing List. NCSE does not want to send unwanted mail to our donors. Donors should contact us if they wish to be removed from the mailing list.