You are here
Problems throughout Explore Evolution
- Social controversy is misidentified as scientific dispute.
- Basic terminology is misdefined.
- Scientists are misrepresented.
- Pedagogical principles are misunderstood.
- The book's creationist agenda is misleadingly obscured.
- Research papers are miscited.
- Government policies are cited inaccurately.
- Scientists are quoted out of context in a manner that grossly misrepresents their views.
- Fails to define "homology" (correctly).
- Fails to explain how modern evolutionary biologists actually use the concept
- Ignores the fact that the term "homology" has been superseded by clearer concepts.
- repeats erroneous statements and discredited claims about the bacterial flagellum
- ignores scientific research that has disproven its claims
- makes claims central to the "intelligent design" movement while avoiding the term "intelligent design"